Monday 19 May 2014

The Certain Future.


The uncertain future is made certain... only when it is found in Him. Coming home, everything has felt so uncertain. To be completely honest it's been hard coming home, much harder than I thought it would be. I definitely didn't see this season coming. I had my heart set on so many other dreams, nations, plans.. Prior to coming home at Christmas, I had just spent 5 months overseas dreaming about living and serving in other nations. So being back here in Perth now for almost 5 months (wow time has flown!) has been a real shock to the system and journey of rediscovering God here in my city, in my home, in my church, in my friends.. A journey I am definitely still in the midst of and a journey I am slowly learning to enjoy.



Along the way Pappa God has given me many precious moments spurring me on to love Him more:

His Kindness. I can't ever forget His kindness. Daily God has given me gems and pearls and moments that remind me of His loving kindness. Like the morning my friend Simone and I got up to see the sunrise at the beach, we worshiped on the beach, swam with dolphins, climbed the rocks and let God refresh us with His beauty.



His Healing. I can't forget the situations and moments God has walked me back through in this season to receive healing in the depths of my soul.

His Friendships. Some of my best moments being home have been the times I have spent with my mum. We are more alike than I ever knew (go figure) and she has been such a beautiful friend and flower to me. We have kayaked from Molloy to Augusta, explored hidden beaches and farms, started our journey on the cape to cape, painted, prayed and encouraged one another. Being with her has been the most beautiful of all treasures.



His Confidence. When I first came home, I remember having a moment where I felt paralysed with fear. Fear that I thought I had dealt with, I guess it was just another layer of my heart being opened. Since then God has given me many little opportunities to take steps to deal with these fears. Sometimes I see Him with a loaf of bread which He pushes into my tummy. The bread represents confidence and He fills me up with it and then together we conquer fear together.

There are so many details and moments that have taken my breath away in this season. But don't get me wrong, these moments have felt like the jewels amongst a lot of other muck. There have been so many days where I have had to fight so hard to get out of bed, so many moments where I have felt hopeless and confused.


But this season is definitely about fighting hopelessness. At the start of the year God told me that this year was a year of HOPE. Since then, everything has seemed like the opposite. But let me tell you, this year is going to be greater than we have ever dreamt, in the midst of pain and trouble Gods love and light is going to shine even brighter. Our Prince of Peace is here and He has a whole life full of HOPE, LOVE and PEACE to give us. He never gives up, He never looses H O P E! Every place we may feel is hopeless, is just the area that God wants to move into next. We can't fail. I see us rolling the dice and on every side of the dice it says WIN! We are winning, we are growing stronger and greater through the tough times. There is no place Gods love and power can't go! When we are in trouble, we need God even more.

So may every season of our lives, every uncertainty, may it all be an opportunity for our God to reveal Himself to us in a greater and new way!



I love you guys, you are an incredible family! So thankful for all my friends and family who are apart of my life. Peace xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment