Friday 20 December 2013

The Village

Last week we drove 10 hours and stayed 8 days, in some remote, Indian villages. The villages we went to felt untouched. Rarely do people travel out to them. Many of the villagers had never seen white people before, let alone heard of them! Some thought we were demons or diseased... 




We went to some villages which were unreached and had never been told about the love of Jesus.


It felt like we were the disciples in the Bible. We went village to village sharing the gospel, staying with whoever welcomed us, and having signs, wonders and miracles follow us everywhere we went...

We saw deaf ears open, blind eyes open, the lame walking, the paralzed healed and many were set free. We saw many children & adults freely give their lives to Jesus! Oh & our broken car horn and headlights also got miraculously fixed!




I took this photo in the village. It sums up my experience there. It's all the little things that say "I love you".


I felt Gods love & grace so strongly in the village. The trip wasn't ever meant to be about me.. But Jesus loves in such an extravegant way that everywhere I went, everyday, I felt like God orchestrated so much of the trip for me! Just to tell me He loves me.

From the leaf cut out like a love heart, to the beautiful lady who came in the morning and put flowers in my hair, to the children who worshiped & danced with me in the morning sunlight. One day I got given so many flowers I couldn't keep them all and everytime one died I was given a fresh one. I was given fruit (a prized possession here)! I got so many hugs & cuddles from the kids & felt the love of Jesus when I looked in their eyes. One night after praying for so many people & seeing nothing, God was so kind to allow me to hear the testimony of one woman who I got to pray for, whose eyes were healed and now she doesn't need surgery! 



To me its all the little things that count. I love how God knows this about me.


I'm not sure of the quality (sorry!) But heres a blind guy who got healed- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-D3aL8SzLI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And some dancing in one of the village churches-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q48gqTUCqTQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 comment:

  1. Janelle, these stories and pictures of what you are doing are so inspiring! You are radically changing lives forever!
    Just wanted you to know I really appreciate these posts, and I hope you have had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!! Papa has even more outrageous goodness for you this year!!
    ~Ian J. :)

    ReplyDelete